EPA 01 Solved Assignment
EPA 01 ADMINISTRATIVE THEORY (EPA 1)
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
For July 2020 and January 2021 admission cycle
July 2020 and January 2021
For Handwritten and Solved
Assignment pdf Contact us – 8851761957
YouTube – PS Study Center
Website – http://psstudycenter.com
Complete Solved Assignment pdf Hindi /English Medium Available – 8851761957 (What’s app only) 35rs /–
Title – ADMINISTRATIVE THEORY (EPA 1)
University – Ignou
Assignment Types – PDF, SOFT COPY /Handwritten on order
Course – BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMME (BDP)
Medium / Language –ENGLISH / HINDI MEDIUM
Session – JULY 2020, JANUARY 2021
Subjects code – EPA 01
Assignment Submission Date – July 2020 session के लिए – 31 March 2021, January 2021 session के लिए – 30 September 2021.
EPA 01 Solved Assignment 2020 – 2021
Q. 1. Explain the various elements of Development Administration.
Ans. According to Riggs, the concept of development administration has two important dimensions. First, it is concerned with the processes through which a public administration system directs socio-economic and political change in the society and second, it studies the dynamic of change within the administrative system. The first refers to the “administration of development,” while the second is related to the process of “administrative development”. In Administrative Development, administration is an independent variable which can bring about political, social and
economic change. In the systems model administration is viewed as a dependent variable which is affected by the environment. According to Pai Panandikar and others, development administration is marked by six defining features. They are:
(2) Result or goal-oriented.
(3) Citizen Participation-oriented.
(4) Commitment to Work-oriented.
(5) Client-oriented, and
Development administration in a developing country is concerned with two main dimensions of development–political and economic. The characteristics of political development, especially relevant to development administration identified by Huntington are: Rationalisation of public policy formulation and execution, National integration, democratisation and public participation in political processes. Friedrich suggests six more features:
EPA 01 Solved Assignment
(1) The capacity to act efficiently to cope with technological requirements of survival;
(2) Enforceable restraints on government;
(3) Operative popular participation in rule making;
(4) Existence of general rules replacing shared values and beliefs of the community;
(5) A judiciary to interpret these rules and define terms of settlement; and
(6) Voluntary associations such as political parties, which proved alternatives to existing Government, continually
re-examine existing rules with public participation.
EPA 01 ADMINISTRATIVE THEORY Solved Assignment 2021
The economic dimension involves the establishment of a machinery for planning economic growth and mobilising and allocating resources to expand national income. It connotes planned change in the economy or capital infrastructure.
Adminis-trative development in developing societies has generally been defined as a pattern of increasing effectiveness
to achieve prescribed policy goals. It, therefore, involves both qualitative and quantitative changes in bureaucratic policies, programmes, procedures and methods of work, organisational structures and staffing patterns, number and quality of development personnel of different types, and patterns of relations with clients of administration. public
administration in general, and development administration in particular, are closely linked to the capacity of the state to satisfy increasing developmental needs and demands of the people.
Briefly, the present and future priorities of development administration are as follows:
(1) With the ever increasing functions of state, the role of administration will continue to expand in the developmental sphere. The government will become the principal planner, organiser, promoter and director
of developmental efforts in all third world countries.
(2) Administrative activities will gradually become complex and technical with increasing diversification of government functions.
(3) The need for planning, coordination and control of all government activities connected with development will be greater.
(4) The administrative reforms and improvements in management will have to be greatly stressed.
(5) Personnel structure and training will have to be geared to developmental task. In such a setup respect for hierarchy and a rigid application to rules and regulations at the cost of goal achievement will have no place.
(6) Decision-making in organisations will have to be flexible and innovative, status-consciousness in bureaucracies will have to be replaced by increasing service motivation.
(7) There is need to redesign public bodies to enable collective decision-making and promote collaborative problem-solving.
(8) Increasing decentralisation will enable developmental agencies at field level to operate more autonomously.
(9) There should be free flow of communications at all levels of the organisational pyramid.
(10) There should be an adequate working partnership between the political and executive wings of the administration.
(11) Commitment and dedication on the part of all engaged in developmental tasks, specially the political leadership and bureaucracy, is the first and most essential prerequisite of development administration.
(12) The active participation and cooperation of the people has to be forthcoming for the success of developmental programmes.
EPA 01 Solved Assignment 2020 – 2021
However, criticism against development administration are varied.
Firstly, conceptually development adminis-tration tends to disrupt public administration as a homogenous discipline. Practically the differentiation between development and non-development administration is highly artificial.
Secondly, development administration has tended to magnify the role of bureaucracy which has traditionally been a problem in most third world countries.
Thirdly, development administration has been basically a sugarcoated concept trying to cover up the essentially in-equalitarian and unjust nature of the third world state. This has been a challenge to the paradigm of social change
through administrative manipulation.
Still, development administration is distinguished, because of its focus on the management of ‘development’. Participative, responsive and accountable management constitutes the essence of development administration.
EPA 01 Solved Assignment in English Medium